A Local Milestone

By Aaron McConnell

In the next few days, one of our sub-contractors will be celebrating their 10th year in business. It was 10 years ago that the owner decided to team up with me on the construction of his new office building and shop. I could tell from our first couple of meetings that I wanted to work with this guy. He was humble and had a customer first attitude that I had not seen in a while. The building project went great and they took off. As they worked out some of the kinks of starting a new business, my customer’s attitude never changed, he was always positive. A few years went by and then there was 2008, 2009, 2010….. I never heard a complaint, he kept his crews working and actually grew through the economic downturn. I have always been taught that 90% of success is between your ears. In this case, the other 10% must have been heart. I would like to congratulate Jerry and Leslie Cardinal, the owners of HighPoint Electric on their 10 year anniversary. It has been my pleasure to work with you the last 10 years and look forward to many more!